The School is committed to a research culture that focuses on international excellence. Research performance is viewed as a critical determinant of both the School’s reputation and its ability to attract top students and world class academics to the School.
The School’s research objectives align with the University’s aim of attracting the very best researchers and further building on our competitive strengths.
The School has identified four main areas of research strength and strategic focus:
Organisational Behaviour and Leadership
Financial Analysis, Corporate Governance and Regulation
Marketing and Cooperative Enterprises
And two ‘emerging areas’:
- Mining, Energy and Resources
- Social Responsibility and Impact
Academic discipline areas within the School:
Centres and Research Units:
Higher Degree by Research Programs
The school offers a range of topic areas for higher degree research students.
- Cristina Gibson is listed on the Thomson Reuters high citation list for 2015 in the Economics & Business category.
- Professor Sharon Parker has been awarded a Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship. This is one of only 16 Laureate Fellowships awarded nationally in the current round. Sharon was awarded just under $3,000,000 for this five year fellowship which will support her research and enable the establishment of the Centre for Transformative Work Design.
- Julie Lee and Geoff Soutar were successful in winning $510,247 in ARC Linkage Grant funding. Researchers from the Universities of Amsterdam, London and Queensland will collaborate on the project which engages Pureprofile, an Australia-based global technology company, as industry partner. The study aims to understand the complex relations between people’s life goals and their consumption behavior, exploring age, life-stage and cohort effects.
- A paper co-authored by Cristina Gibson has been named the most influential to be published in the Journal of International Business Studies in the last decade. This is based on total citations, total number of journals citing the paper, and total number of leading journals (excluding JIBS) citing the paper.
- Geoff Soutar has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy.
- Geoff Soutar has been made a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. Fellowship of the Academy of Social Sciences (FASSA) is an honour conferred for scholarly distinction in research or the advancement of social sciences.