Asst/Prof Leandro Magnusson
- Contact details
The University of Western Australia (M251)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- 6488 2924
- BA(Econ) MA(Econ) Sao Paulo, PhD Brown
- Leandro is an econometrician with both applied and theoretical interests. Leandro’s research is mainly related to the identification of casual relationships of economics variables in time series and cross section models. He joined the Economics Discipline Group at UWA after working four years at Tulane University, New Orleans, USA.
Bachelor of Arts (Econ)1995, Master of Arts (Econ) 2000, University of Sao Paulo
PhD, Brown University 2007
- Key research
- Applied Econometrics and Econometrics
- Refereed Journal Articles
Magnusson, L. M. (2010) Inference in Limited Dependent Variable Models Robust to Weak Identification. Econometrics Journal, 13, S56-S79.
Magnusson, L. M. and S. Mavroeidis (2010). Identification-robust Minimum Distance Estimation of the New Keynesian Phillips Curve. Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, 42 (2-3), 465-481.
Finlay, K. and L.~M. Magnusson (2009). Implementing Tests for a General Class of Instrumental Variables Models That Are Robust to Weak Instruments. The Stata Journal, 9 (3), 398-421.
- Funding received
- Newcomb Fellows Grant Program, 2011, Tulane University, U$ 2,820.
Research Enhancement Fund Phase II, 2007-2008, Tulane University, U$ 9,471.
- Econometric Society
- Honours and awards
- Teaching Assistantship, 2002-2006, Brown University.
Scholarship, 1996-1997, National Council for Scientific and Technological Development - Brazil.
Research Assistantship, 1994-1995 National Council for Scientific and Technological Development - Brazil.
- Previous positions
- Assistant Professor Tulane University(2007-2011)
Researcher, Institute of Applied Economic Research(2000-2001)
- Econometrics: Topics in Applied Econometrics (ECON 7413/8513), Business Econometrics (ECON 2271)
Quantitative Methods: Quantitative Methods for Business and Economics (ECON 1111).
- Current projects
- Magnusson, L. M. and S. Mavroeidis. Identification Using Stability Restrictions.
Finlay, K. and L.M. Magnusson. Bootstrap Methods for Inference with Cluster-Sample IV Models.
Flynn, Z. and L.M. Magnusson. Parametric Inference Using Structural Break Tests.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications